Who wrote Harry Potter?
The glory of the young wizard Harry Potter flew aroundthe whole planet! To date, this unusual boy has written 7 books that have been translated into more than 60 languages. For each book pictures are taken, which are no less stunning success. The world created by the writer in these books is actively discussed in the media. So who wrote "Harry Potter"? Who is the man who could infect the whole world with his idea? The author is the Englishwoman Joan Rowling. On the covers of her books you can see such initials: "JK Rowling." The letter K. denotes the name "Kathleen" - that's the name of the writer's grandmother. The fact is that the publishing house was afraid to publish Joan's first book, because they feared the readers' aversion. After all, Joan is a woman, and teen boys are considered to be the main target audience of the future bestseller. Who would have thought that the book "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" printed on an old typewriter would bring Joan world fame, and people of all ages would read the novel. But then no one guessed about this success, so the writer had to introduce herself through her initials.
Following the first book, six others followed,which were no worse than the first. Perhaps soon Joan Rowling will please us with the continuation of the story about Harry Potter. In the meantime, we can enjoy beautiful films and computer games.
The novel "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" was released inlight in 1997 and was recognized as the best children's book of the year. Now Joanne Rowling is the richest woman in England, and all this is thanks to her creativity. In addition to seven screened novels, Joan Rowling released another book directly related to the previous ones. It's called "Harry Potter: Prehistory" (2008).
Films made from books collect completecinemas. The right to film the first two books was received by Warner Bros. Thanks to her and the famous director Chris Columbus, the world saw great films, the role of the main character in which played a very young Daniel Radcliffe. Then came the screen version of all the following books.
Interesting facts about JK Rowling and Harry Potter:
- In 2006, Joan Rowling was recognized as the greatest contemporary British writer.
- J. Rowling was born July 31, 1965. Harry Potter - July 31, 1980
- The writer created a site pottermore.com, which promised to post new information about Harry Potter.
- One day the writer's family moved to live in Winterbourne, where four-year-old Joan met and made friends with children named Potter.
- Joan wrote her first work in six years. It was a short story about the adventures of one rabbit.
- The first book about Harry Potter was sold to the publishing house Bloomsbury for $ 4,000. After that, Joan did not need to work as a teacher anymore, and she devoted herself entirely to creativity.