What to cook in a slow cooker?
Watch the video
Scientific and technological progress breaks in today and in our kitchen. There are a huge number of assistants who are ready to wash, clean and cook for a person. One of these helpers is a slow cooker.
What is a multicooker
Multicooker is an electric device that has many functions and is able to cook food in automatic mode. The predecessor of the modern multicooker was a Japanese rice cooker, in which in the middle of the last century they tried to cook other dishes. The Europeans went further and decided the functions of individual devices: electric pots, pans, steamers, bread makers, yogurt makers, etc., to combine in one device - this was how the slow cooker appeared. At that time, our compatriots could have acquired such an invention only by buying it abroad. An interesting article will be What can be transported across the border.
Currently, the shelves of domestic stores are filled with multicookers of various companies.And although the diversity of these devices is great, they are united by a common principle of operation.
The principle of operation of multicookers
All functions of the multicooker are controlled by a microprocessor. It controls the temperature, pressure, volume of evaporated liquid, calculates the cooking time depending on the ingredients and their quantity. It is enough to choose a product, specify its weight and the slow cooker itself will set the required time.
Electricity is supplied to the heating element by induction, that is, in a contactless manner. This allows the saucepan (the bowl inside the multicooker) to warm up evenly and maintain the optimum temperature during the entire cooking process.
The smart device has an upgraded pressure reduction system. If an excess of steam is formed, which increases the pressure inside the multicooker, the processor starts the system of soft descent, gradually releasing steam out.
In a word, there will not be a multicooker. The user loads the products into it, selects the cooking mode, waits some time and gets the finished dish. Follow the cooking process and stir the food is not required.
Standard Cooking Modes
Multivarki differ in shape, volume of bowls and the number of cooking modes. Standard, depending on the model, can be from three to seven.
But most multicookers have a much more extensive list, which is complemented by regimes such as baking, cooking yogurt, pilau, milk porridge, steaming, as well as numerous combinations.
Advantages of Multicookers
Many multicooker owners appreciated their benefits. What are they?
- Food is prepared sparingly, since the device ensures uniform heating of the entire surface of the bowl. With conventional cooking methods, the bottom of the pot or pan heats up faster and stays hotter during the entire cooking process;
- Multivarki tight. They do not allow the liquid inside to boil, thereby protecting products from mechanical stress. Therefore, they do not boil soft and retain their shape. The uniqueness of multicookers is that all ingredients are ready at the same time (for example, meat and vegetables);
- Food in the slow cooker does not oxidize.This is prevented by a valve that does not allow air into the device;
- In multivarks there is a convenient function “Delay start”. It is possible in the evening to fill the slow cooker with the necessary products, and in the morning to get a tasty and healthy breakfast without making any effort. With conventional cooking methods this is simply impossible.
Recipes for Multicookers
Potatoes stewed with beans
We will need
- Potatoes - 300 g;
- Onion - 50 g;
- Water - 60 ml;
- String beans - 250 g;
- Parsley greens - 40 g;
- Olive oil - 20 g;
- Salt to taste.
- We clean and cut vegetables: potatoes - in cubes, onions - finely chop.
- In the bowl multicooker pour oil. Put the onion in there and, setting the “Frying / Toasting” mode, prepare 5 minutes.
- After the timer signal, open the multicooker lid, add water, potatoes, chopped beans, chopped greens to the bowl, salt and mix.
- We set the timer for 1 hour and prepare it in the "Quenching" mode.
Pizza with Chicken and Pineapple
We will need
For the test:
- A glass (200 g) of water;
- 320 g flour;
- Half a spoonful of yeast;
- 15 g of vegetable or olive oil;
- One teaspoon of salt;
- A half table spoon of sugar.
- Tomato sauce, you can ketchup;
- Canned pineapple;
- Boiled chicken fillet;
From this amount of products should get 3 pizza.
- Knead the dough (you can do it in the bread maker on the "Pizza" mode).
- Next, prepare the filling. Chicken fillet rubbed with salt and spices and cook in a slow cooker for half an hour (“Quenching” mode). Give the meat to cool and cut into small pieces.
- We grease a bowl of multicookers. We spread the dough (1/3 part), distribute it evenly and coat with tomato sauce. Add chicken meat (1/3 part) and pineapple slices. Sprinkle with oregano and cheese.
- We set the "Baking" mode and prepare the pizza for 40 minutes.