Vasomotor rhinitis: treatment of vasomotor rhinitis with modern methods
One of the most common diseases in the modern world is vasomotor rhinitis. Treatment of vasomotor rhinitis should be started as early as possible, so that the disease does not go into a chronic form.
Why does rhinitis occur?
This ailment has a non-inflammatory natureoccurrence. The cause of this disease, many experts call violations and changes in the nervous and endocrine systems of the body. But besides this, there are still many factors that can provoke rhinitis.
- Acute viral infection.
- Inhalation of tobacco smoke. This factor is especially relevant for passive smokers.
- Drinking alcohol in large quantities.
- Curvature of nasal septums.
- Inhalation of cold air.
Symptoms and Diagnosis of Rhinitis
How to determine if you have a vasomotorrhinitis? Treatment of vasomotor rhinitis can not be postponed until later, but it is often confused with an allergic rhinitis. First of all, you should pay attention to the symptoms.
- Periodically, there is a stuffy nose, and without obvious reasons.
- There are secretions from the nasal cavity (constantly or periodically).
- You have felt that your sense of smell has worsened.
- You are accompanied by frequent sneezing.
- Your family and friends celebrate some nonsense in your conversation.
All these factors may indicate that,that you have a vasomotor rhinitis. Treatment of vasomotor rhinitis is carried out under the supervision of a specialist, but first he will force you to undergo diagnostics. What does it include?
- General examination.
- Rhinoscopy (examination of the nasal cavity).
- Samples with allergens (to exclude the possibility of an allergic rhinitis).
Vasomotor rhinitis: treatment of vasomotor rhinitis
First of all, it is necessary to eliminate those factors,which led to the onset of the disease. It should immediately be stipulated: if you have vasomotor rhinitis, treatment, drugs should be prescribed only by a doctor. In no case should you choose medications yourself. What is most often prescribed in this case?
- Saline solutions for washing the nose.
- Sprays containing corticosteroid hormones. They are used for a long course, since the effect is not achieved immediately, but gradually.
- Physiotherapy (electrophoresis, ultrasound).
- Nasal blockade with hydrocortisone.
Treatment of a disease with a laser
To date, the laser is one of the most effective and safe means for treating rhinitis. But it has other advantages:
- The use of vasoconstrictive drugs in no way affects laser treatment. On the contrary, these two species are mutually complementary.
- In 90% of cases, 6-8 sessions are sufficient to fully recover the shortness of breath.
- Such laser therapy costs only 300 rubles per session. Linear laser coagulation (burning out the mucous membrane) will cost you 5800 rubles.
Treatment of vasomotor rhinitis with a laser (the price of such procedures is quite affordable) is quite an effective and safe method.
As you can see, the disease can cause you a lot of trouble, so it's better not to delay with a trip to the doctor.