The 7 Wonders of the World are grand, unique and unique monuments of sculpture and architecture that have ever been created by man. And a man? Looking at them, it is difficult to imagine that these are the creations of the hands of people who lived thousands of years ago in a world where high technologies were not yet invented.
Sights of antiquity - 7 Wonders of the World
1. Pyramid of CheopsIn Giza, there is a structure that amazes not with its antiquity: it is more than 3,000 years old, but high. Until 1311, it was the tallest structure on the planet. Its height is 138.75 meters. According to scientists, if we take into account all the factors of the development of technologies of those times, it took more than 20 years to build a pyramid.
2. Hanging Gardens of BabylonThese gardens were built for the beautiful Ametis, the wife of King Nebuchadnezzar II, who brought her to Babylon. The depressing landscapes of the desert caused the sadness of the girl, because she grew up among the high mountains and vast green plains. He ordered the construction of gardens for her, which looked like a pyramid of four tiers and platforms. Reeds, fertile soil were laid on the platforms, and then plants of extraordinary beauty were planted. The ingenious system built into the building refreshed the landing with the purest water.
3. Statue of Zeus at OlympiaA golden statue erected in honor of the God of Zeus by the famous sculptor Pheidias. According to scientists, the gold from which it was created is worth $ 8 million. This wonder statue is in Athens.
4. Temple of Artemis at EphesusThis huge temple was built in Turkey, in honor of the goddess Artemis. The beauty of this structure and its grand scale amaze imagination. It is hard to imagine that this man-made structure was built by ordinary residents of the city of Ephesus. According to beliefs, Artemis brought happiness to the family and gave children to those who spoke to her in prayers.
5. Mausoleum in HalicarnassusThis monument of architecture was erected to the ruler of Mavsol in the 4th century BC. The beauty of the building is worthy of kings, and the greatness and scale of the building are admired by tourists from all over the world.
6. Colossus of RhodesIn Greece you can admire the magnificent statue of the sun god Helios. Perched to a height of 36 meters in the harbor of the city of Rhodes, it “welcomes” the sunrise over the sea, glistening in the morning rays of the new day.
7. Lighthouse of AlexandriaThe world's first lighthouse, whose height is 30 meters. He became a "pioneer guide" for the ancient ships that plowed the coastal waters. An amazing building and a monument of art, striking in its grandeur and magnificence.
The world is full of mysteries and wonders. Russia conquers not only the beauty of white birch trees and the noise of green oak forests. There are wonderful places in this corner of the planet that delight and attract with its unique architecture, reflecting the wealth of the Russian soul.
The most famous places in RussiaThe main symbol of Russia is Red Square. The main symbol of the Russian soul - St. Basil's Cathedral.
Red Square - the main attraction of RussiaRed Square is the heart of Russia, which amazes with its grandeur and simplicity, like the Russian soul. Not everyone knows that Red Square got its name because of its color. In ancient Russia, the word "red" was translated as beautiful. And indeed, Red Square is admirable. This is the most famous place in Russia, which every tourist visiting the country considers it his duty to visit.
St. Basil's CathedralIt is a symbol of Russia for many inhabitants of the planet. Compared with other temples that were built over centuries, the cathedral was erected in 5 years.By decree of Ivan the Terrible, who wanted to immortalize his victory over Kazan in history, the collection began to be built in 1555. The beauty of the building was perfection in architectural art. There was not a single monument in Russia that could compete with this magnificent cathedral. To never anywhere else was built another structure of such beauty, Ivan the Terrible ordered to deprive the view of the chief architect of the cathedral. So a man who left the Russian heritage the most beautiful construction of Russia and the world paid for his talent.
Sights of EuropeItaly. La Scala Theater is the most famous temple of art in Europe. His appearance was already destined to fate. When preparing the site for the construction of the foundation, the builders during excavations discovered an ancient fresco, which depicted the face of the famous mime of Ancient Rome - Pilad. It was a good sign for the construction of one of the most beautiful buildings in Europe.
The Louvre is the place that you need to see at least once in life with your own eyes. He is 800 years old. The first exhibits of the museum appeared in the 16th century. Now in the collection of the museum collected 6000 exhibits, to see which will have to walk through the huge halls during the week. For the sake of the mysterious smile of Mona Lisa, attendance beats records compared to all the museums in the world. By the way, according to uznayvse.ru, the Louvre is also the largest museum in the world.
To be in Asia is equivalent to jumping from the bird's eye view into the abyss of the ocean. There is something to see. There is something to admire.
What places to visit in Asia?Mysterious India is a paradise for lovers of architectural monuments. These are not only churches, striking exotic beauty. The Taj Mahal mausoleum is the best-looking structure in the world. It is a symbol of eternal love, built by Emperor Shah Jahan in honor of the deceased wife Mumtaz Mahal. In 1983, UNESCO included in its list of World Heritage Architecture.
But there is a place in the world that stirs the minds of humanity.