Salicylic Acid Acne - recipes for use and reviews
Jul 18, 2018
Salicylic acid from acne is one of the most affordable, simple and budgetary funds, the effectiveness of which has long been proven. With this method of acne treatment, many are familiar firsthand, because they have their own experience of using the drug. Salicylic acid can be found in almost any home medicine cabinet, and often it serves as a "first aid", helping to get rid of acne that appear so out of place.
Salicylic acid solution has strong anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and allows you to quickly dry painful acne. But use the drug with caution, otherwise you can create additional problems and provoke irritation and excessive dry skin. In this article, we will talk about all the pros and cons of the remedy and find out how to correctly apply salicylic acid in the treatment of acne.
- 1 Salicylic acid acne: description and release forms
- 2 Useful properties
- 3 Indications
- 4 How to Use - Instructions for Use
- 5 Contraindications and possible adverse reactions
- 6 Folk recipes
- 7 reviews the application
Salicylic acid fromacne: description and release forms
popularity of salicylic acid in the treatment of acne is due to its unique anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Inherently hydroxybenzoic acid or salicylic acid is a powerful antiseptic, which is found in many cosmetics and pharmaceutical preparations intended for care of problem skin.
In its natural form, salicylic acid is found in the bark of willow and raspberry leaves. For the first time this substance was synthesized by the Italian chemist Rafael Piria and already since the 19th century has been widely used in various fields of medicine.
The pharmaceutical industry produces a solution of salicylic acid in a variety of concentrations:( 1, 2, 3, 5, 10%).In cosmetology, an alcohol solution of salicylic acid( 1%) and( 2%) is used, which many call salicylic alcohol. At low concentrations, the drug exhibits zudoutolyayuschee, keratolytic( peeling) and antiseptic action, effectively fights inflammation and dries well rash.
in a concentration of from 5% to 10%, salicyl alcohol exhibits particularly strong keratolytic action and dissolves literally upper horny layer of the epidermis, which helps in many dermatological diseases. The use of such drugs contributes to the softening and removal of coarse crusts, dry corns and papillomas. It should be understood that for the treatment of acne a highly concentrated solution can not be used, otherwise it can cause burns and severe skin irritation.
Useful properties of
In the treatment of problem skin, salicylic acid acts in several directions:
- Provides antibacterial protection for.Most pathogenic bacteria that cause the appearance of acne, die by contact with salicylic acid, thus eliminating the main cause of rashes. At the same time, the drug has no selective effect, that is, along with the pathogenic microflora, it also destroys useful bacteria that protect the skin. Therefore, in the treatment of acne, it is recommended to apply point solution.
- Has a drying effect of.After treatment with the drug inflamed pimples quickly dry out, they form a crust and soon the rashes disappear.
- Eliminates inflammation and black spots ofby cleansing clogged skin pores. The acid dissolves sebaceous plugs, which clog the ducts and thereby create a nutrient medium for the bacteria, their reproduction and development of the inflammatory process.
- Regulates the work of the sebaceous glandsand reduces the production of sebum. As a result, metabolic processes are normalized, and the condition of oily and problem skin is significantly improved.
- Provides the regenerative effect of.Salicylic acid has a local irritant effect, which contributes to the activation of blood circulation and improves the supply of tissues with oxygen and nutrients. Due to this, cell renewal and restoration of damaged skin are accelerated, spots and other traces left on the spot of acne( post-acne) disappear.
solution of salicylic acid for acne has not momentary, but correct and regular use of the medicament can effectively cope with the primary and secondary acne step.
In cosmetology salicylic acid solution is used for the following problems:
- Acne rash, acne
- Black dots( comedones)
- Increased fat content of the epidermis
- Complain( dark spots after pimples)
Salicylic alcohol of low concentration( 1-2%) will effectively copeWith the above problems. The drug actively exfoliates dead skin particles, acting as a scrub, and additionally eliminates sebaceous plugs, cleansing the pores of the skin. This allows you to remove inflammation, in a short time to dry pimples and clean the skin of rashes.
How to use - instructions for use
If you are using salicylic acid for the first time, it is best to start with the lowest concentration( 1%).Those who have a fatty skin type, salicylic alcohol( 2%) will do. Strong solutions with a concentration of 5% and 10% can not be used for problematic skin, treatment with such a preparation can result in burns and other unpleasant complications.
Before the first use, test the sensitivity to avoid an unpredictable allergic reaction. To do this, moisten the fleece in the solution and apply it to the elbow bend or wrist. If within a few hours on the skin there will be no changes( redness, burning), you can safely use salicylic alcohol to fight acne.
If there are not many inflamed pimples, perform spot treatment. Wadded wand impregnate the solution and lubricate each pimple separately. If there are many rashes, and the lesion is large, salicylic acid is applied to a cotton pad and the lesion is treated.
The fact that the drug works will testify to a slight tingling of the skin. To rub the preparation is not recommended, it can cause irritation of the epidermis. After 15-20 minutes after treatment, you can rinse your face with water, thereby neutralizing the effect of acid and preventing unwanted drying of the skin.
Contraindications and possible side effects of
The use of salicylic acid should be avoided in the following cases:
- Individual sensitivity and intolerance to
- Dry and too sensitive skin
- Use of certain medications
- Pregnancy period
If the application of salicylic acid causes severe peeling, this indicates that the alcohol base is too much overdrying the skin. In such cases, you can try a salicylic acid based lotion that does not contain alcohol. If this does not help, the use of the drug should be discarded.
With extreme caution, you should use salicylic alcohol if you have too dry and sensitive skin. Even a weakly concentrated solution will dry the dehydrated epidermis, which can lead to premature wrinkles. Do not use a solution of high concentration for the treatment of acne, this can lead to chemical burn, which will require long-term treatment and restoration of damaged skin.
Do not use salicylic alcohol during pregnancy, because when the dosage is exceeded, there is a risk of penetration of the active substances of the drug into the circulatory system, which can adversely affect the development of the fetus.
A significant disadvantage of the drug is that with prolonged use, such adverse reactions as irritation and excessive drying of the skin are possible. Therefore, during treatment with salicylic acid, it is recommended to apply intensive moisturizing creams that will help restore water balance and prevent dehydration of the skin.
With frequent use of the drug can achieve absolutely the opposite effect. Sebaceous glands will begin to produce even more sebum, trying to cope with dehydration and prevent dry skin. This, in turn, will lead to the appearance of sebaceous plugs and an increase in the number of rashes. To avoid such manifestations, before using the drug, consult a beautician or dermatologist.
Preparations based on salicylic acid
In dermatological practice, drugs containing salicylic acid are widely used. So, to treat acne, you can be prescribed salicylic - zinc paste, which contains a trace element of zinc, which enhances the therapeutic effect of the main component. The paste is characterized by a thick texture, it keeps well on the skin, effectively removes inflammation, quickly dries pimples and helps restore skin. Another drug - sernozalitsilovaya ointment, not only actively struggles with acne, but also copes with a subcutaneous parasite - microscopic mite demodex.
In addition, they produce salicylic ointment, alcohol-based and alcohol-free lotions, creams, ointments and other cosmetic products intended for the care of problem skin. Such store or pharmacy products are applied to lesions several times a day, they do not require flushing, other acne treatments( ointments, gels) prescribed by a qualified specialist( cosmetologist or dermatologist) can be used on top of them.
At home, you can prepare a variety of formulations based on salicylic acid;
- Mask with salicylic acid.The procedure will help get rid of excessive fat, dry and eliminate acne. To prepare the medicinal composition, mix cosmetic clay powder and buckwheat in a ratio of 1: 1.All the ingredients for the mask can be bought at the pharmacy. The mixture of components is diluted with warm water to a homogeneous, viscous state and several drops of salicylic acid( 2%) are added. The composition is applied to the face for 20 minutes. If you want to further clarify the skin and make the spots imperceptible postacne, add 2-3 drops of hydrogen peroxide.
- Acne treatment medication.Such formulations are used for the appearance of purulent pimples. The talker is made on the basis of salicylic acid and an antibiotic, which helps to stop inflammation, destroy pathogenic bacteria and prevent the spread of infection to healthy skin areas.
Option 1.To prepare the talk, antibiotics are taken with levomycetin and metronidazole. For 10 tablets of each drug is triturated, combined, add 40 ml of salicylic acid and 10 ml of boric alcohol. The bolt is shaken well before use, then used for handling problem areas.
Option 2.It will take an equal amount of sulfur powder and streptocide( 7 grams).These components are combined and add 50 ml of salicylic acid and boric alcohol. The resulting bolt is stored in a glass container with a tightly screwed lid. Before use, the formulation is shaken.
feedback on the application of salicylic acid acnesay that if you use the drug correctly, you can achieve significant improvement in the condition of the skin and get rid of acne. At the same time, many users note that the solution of salicylic acid on alcohol dries heavily, so it is more suitable for owners of fatty and combination skin types. Those who have skin too sensitive and dry, it is best to use lotions with salicylic acid that do not contain alcohol, or to prefer softer drugs.
Learn more about how to help chatterbox of acne, what are the recipes of cooking found here - http: //netderm.ru/ boltushka-ot-pryshhey /
reviews the application
suffer from acne at 14 years, tried many means, not until a friendAdvised to make a talker with acne with salicylic acid. It is prepared on the basis of cheap pills, tablets of levomycetin( antibiotic) and salicylic alcohol( 2%).
The effect is simply astounding, acne very quickly wither, redness disappears, inflammation disappears. Now my skin is almost pure. If a single pimple appears, I immediately treat it with this composition. The only drawback - the agent dries the skin quite strongly, so be sure to use a moisturizer. Still I can advise a new effective tool - a mask for acne BLACK MASK
use salicylic acid for a long time. I buy the drug in a pharmacy, it is very cheap, and it helps not worse than many expensive advertised drugs. In addition, in the composition of virtually all lotions and tonics from acne contains exactly salicylic acid.
I do not have a lot of acne, but if it does, it's necessarily large and painful. I treat each one separately, I try not to apply to the skin, otherwise irritation arises. It takes 2-3 days for the pimple to dry up and disappear, leaving no traces( spots or scars) after it.
I tried to treat acne with salicylic acid, but soon realized that this drug does not suit me. Three days of application I had enough, the skin and me and so dry, but here in general became dehydrated, much flaky, there was redness and irritation.
Nourishing and moisturizing cream did not help. So the drug is not suitable for everyone, use it with caution, especially if you have tender and sensitive skin.