Painters of modern painting. Contemporary artists of Russia
The art of modern painting isworks created at the present time or in the recent past. A certain number of years will pass, and these pictures will become the property of history. Works of painting, created in the period from the 60s of the last century to the present day, reflect several areas of contemporary art that can be classified as postmodern. In modern times, the work of painters was represented more broadly, and in the 70s of the twentieth century there was a change in the social orientation of the art of painting.
Artists of modern painting representFirst of all, new trends in the visual arts. In cultural terminology, there is the notion of "actual art", which in some ways correlates with the concept of "modern painting." Under the art of contemporary artists most often imply innovation, when the painter turns to topics ultramodern, regardless of their focus. The picture can be written in the style of urbanistics and depict any industrial enterprise. Or else on the canvas there is a landscape landscape with a wheat field, a meadow, a forest, but at the same time a combine will be painted in the distance. The style of modern painting assumes a social orientation of the picture. At the same time, the landscapes of contemporary artists without social connotations are much appreciated.
Choice of direction
Beginning in the late 1990s, contemporary artistspainting refuses to work on the subject and translates their work into pure visual art. There are masters of fine portrait painting, landscape subjects, still-lifes in the Flemish style. And gradually in modern painting, genuine art began to manifest itself, in no way inferior to paintings created by outstanding artists of the 18th and 19th centuries, and in some cases even superior to them. Today's masters of the brush are helped by a developed technical base, an abundance of new tools that allow to fully reflect the conceived on canvas. Thus, artists of contemporary painting can create as they are able. Of course, the quality of paints or brushes is important in the process of writing pictures, but still the main thing is talent.
Contemporary artists adhere to methodsPaintings that allow the use of non-geometric strokes applied in a set on a large-sized canvas. In the course are large brushes, sometimes paint. Such a painting is hardly an art in the classical sense of the word, but abstraction is the continuation of surrealism, which appeared in 1920 thanks to the ideas of Andre Breton and immediately found a mass of followers such as Salvator Dali, Hans Hofmann, Adolf Gottlieb. At the same time, artists of modern painting understand expressionism in their own way. Today this genre differs from its predecessor in the size of canvases, which can reach a length of three meters.
Counterweight to abstractionism was the conceptuala new avant-garde, which promotes aesthetic values. Modern artists began to include in their paintings images of famous personalities, such as Mao Zedong or Marilyn Monroe. This art was called "pop art" - a popular, universally recognized trend in painting. Mass culture replaced abstract art and gave rise to a special kind of aesthetics, which, in a colorful, spectacular manner, presented to the public what everyone had heard, some recent events or images of well-known people in different life situations.
The founders and followers of pop art were Andy Warhol, Tom Wesselman, Peter Blake, Robert Rauschenberg, Roy Lichtenstein.
Modern art is multifaceted, often in itthere is a new direction that combines two or more types of visual creativity. This form of self-expression of the artist was photorealism. This direction in painting appeared in the USA in 1968. It was invented by avant-garde artist Louis Meisel, and the genre's presentation took place two years later, at the Whitney Museum during the exhibition "Twenty-two Realists."
Painting in the style of photorealism is associated withphotography, the movement of the object is as if frozen in time. The artist-photorealist collects his image, which will be imprinted in the picture, with the help of photographs. From a negative or a slide, the image is transferred to the canvas by projection or by means of a scale grid. Then a full-fledged picture is created using the techniques of painting.
The heyday of photorealism came in the mid-70'syears, then there was a decline in popularity, and in the early 90's the genre revived again. Venerable artists worked mainly in the US, among them there were many sculptors who also created their works with the help of a projection of the image. The most famous masters of painting on the basis of photorealism are Richard Estes, Charles Bellett, Goran Ivanisevic, Thomas Blackwell, Robert Demecis, Donald Eddy, Dwayne Hanson.
Artists-photorealists of the younger generation - Rafaella Spence, Roberto Bernardi, Chiara Albertoni, Tony Brunelli, Olivier Romano, Bertrand Meniel, Clive Head.
Contemporary artists of Russia
- Serge Fedulov (b. 1958), a native of Nevinnomyssk, Stavropol Territory. Participated in several exhibitions in Latin America and Europe. His paintings are realistic and contrasting colors.
- Mikhail Golubev (born. 1981), graduated from the art class of the Omsk School of Painting. Currently lives in St. Petersburg. It differs in an unusual manner of creativity, all of his works are paintings with reflections with deep philosophical overtones.
- Dmitry Annenkov (born 1965) in Moscow. Graduated from the Stroganov Institute of Arts. It is popular abroad, but preference is given to Russian exhibitions. Art Annenkov realistically, the artist is a recognized master of still life.
- Alexey Chernigin, Russian Impressionist painter(born 1975), is the son of the famous artist Alexander Chernigin. He studied painting and graphic design in the art school of Nizhny Novgorod. He graduated from the Nizhny Novgorod Architectural Institute with a degree in Design in Industry. Member of the Union of Artists of Russia since 1998. Since 2001, he has been teaching at the State Technical University of Ukraine at the Department of Interior Design.
- Konstantin Lupanov, a Krasnodar artist (b. 1977). He graduated from the Industrial Academy under the State University of Culture and Arts, majoring in "Monumental Painting". Participated in many art exhibitions in Krasnodar, Moscow and St. Petersburg. It differs in a rare manner of oil painting with a twisting swab. Lupanov's paintings are completely devoid of contrasting combinations of colors, images seem to flow one into another. The artist himself calls his works "gay, irresponsible daubs", but in this statement there is a share of coquetry: the pictures are actually written quite professionally.
Russian artists drawing in nude style
- Sergey Marchennikov (born. 1971), one of the most famous Russian contemporary artists. He graduated from the Ufa College of Arts. His paintings are an example of blatant realism. The works give the impression of an artistic photograph, the composition is so precise and every stroke is verified. In the role of models, the artist's wife Natalya most often appears, and this helps him in creating a sensual picture.
- Vera Vasilyevna Donskaya-Khilko (b. 1964), the granddaughter of the famous opera singer Laurent Dmitriyevich Donskoy. The brightest representative of modern Russian painting. Draws in the style of a story nude. In the creative palette of the artist you can meet beauties from the oriental harem and naked village girls on the bank of the river on the night of the holiday of Ivan Kupala, a Russian bath with the release of flushed women on the snow and bathing in the ice-hole. The artist paints a lot and is talented.
Modern artists of Russia, their creativity are attracting increasing interest of connoisseurs of fine arts all over the world.
Modern painting as a world art
At present, visual creativitytook forms different from those that were in demand in the 18th and 19th centuries. Modern artists of the world turned to the avant-garde in a narrower interpretation, the canvases acquired sophistication and became more informative. Society today needs art renewed, the need extends to all forms of creativity, including painting. The paintings of contemporary artists, if they are performed at a sufficiently high level, are bought up, become the subject of bargaining or exchange. Some canvases are included in the list of particularly valuable works of art. Paintings from the past, written by great painters, are still in demand, but modern artists are gaining popularity. Oil, tempera, watercolor, other colors, help them in their creativity and successful implementation of their plans. Painters, as a rule, adhere to a single style. It can be a landscape, a portrait, battle scenes or another genre. Accordingly, for his work the artist chooses a certain sort of colors.
Contemporary artists of the world
The most famous contemporary artistsdiffer in the manner of writing, their brush is recognizable, sometimes one does not even need to look at the caption at the bottom of the canvas. Famous masters of contemporary painting - Richter Gerhard, Perlstein Philip, Alexander Isachev, Francis Bacon, Stanislav Plutenko, Peter Blake, Freud Lucien, Michael Parkes, Guy Johnson, Eric Fishl, Nikolai Blokhin, Vasily Shulzhenko.