Marinated salad onion: cooking features, recipes
Onion is used in the preparation of many dishes. The most useful fresh vegetable, and pickled has a more delicate and piquant taste. It is served as a garnish for meat and fish, add to salads, cold snacks, sandwiches. Such a spicy-vitamin snack and flavor additive will perfectly emphasize the taste of any dish. Marinated salad onions are prepared very quickly from simple and affordable ingredients. On how to do this at home and how to make a salad of pickled onions, we will tell in our article.
Onion, marinated in vinegar, for salad
Onions marinated in a universal sweet and sourmarinade, has a piquant taste without bitterness and unpleasant aftertaste. For its preparation, onions (3 pieces) are cut according to the recipe (rings, half rings, cubes, etc.) and laid out in a deep container. Next, the marinade itself is prepared. To do this, add 9% vinegar (1 tablespoon), a teaspoon of salt and sugar and boiled water (3 tablespoons) to the bowl. The marinade mixes well, so that the grains are dissolved, and then poured out on top of the onion. The pickling time is approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator. Pickled onions for salad can be prepared and faster if you use hot water instead of cold water.
Not only tasty, but also useful onion is obtainedwhen marinating in apple cider vinegar. Such a vegetable helps to improve digestion, reduce cholesterol and break down fats. Prepare marinated onions with apple cider vinegar is very simple:
- It is necessary to cut six medium-sized bulbs in half rings and fold them into a deep bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine a tablespoon of salt and sugar (4 tablespoons), boiling water (80 ml), apple cider vinegar (70 ml). Stir well until the dry ingredients are completely dissolved.
- Pour the marinade into the prepared onion, mix thoroughly with a spoon or hands and cover with a lid.
- After 30 minutes, a delicious marinated onion can be tasted. It must be filtered through a sieve, then added to the salad according to the recipe.
Pickled green onions
You can marinate not only the bulb, but also the greenbow. With this method of preparation, it becomes only more delicious. For pickling, green onions are put in a deep glass bowl, after cutting off the ends, add a pinch of salt and sugar, a little black pepper, chopped garlic, vegetable oil and table vinegar (2 tablespoons). All ingredients are well mixed, after which a bowl with onions are sent to the refrigerator for 2 hours. Add such a bow can be in salads, and as a side dish to meat.
Green onions can also be preserved for the winter. To do this, it is stacked vertically in jars, previously trimmed in tare height, and poured hot marinade. To prepare the pickle, 500 ml of water, 30 g of sugar and 60 g of salt, dried dill (50 g), bay leaf and bell pepper (2 pcs.) Are poured into a pan (500 grams of onions). After boiling, vinegar 9% (30 ml) is added to the water. Onions in cans are poured with cooked marinade and covered with lids using a can opener. You can store workpieces in a dark cool place until the very spring.
Onions marinated with lemon
If you do not want to use vinegar when preparing the marinade, replace it with lemon juice. MThe salted onion on this recipe will be prepared in this order:
- Bulbs (2 pcs.) Are cut into half rings or in another way and added to a bowl.
- On top of the squeezed juice from 1 lemon.
- Add salt and sugar (½ tsp).
- Onions are carefully mixed with spices.
- On request, a tablespoon of vegetable oil is added from above.
- Finished onions are served as a stand-alone snack or added to a salad.
Onion, pickled in Korean
Pickled onion onion can be usednot only as one of the ingredients for salad, but also as an independent snack. Preparation of pickled onions does not take long. First, the marinade is prepared. For this purpose, water (500 ml), 2 glasses of soy sauce and 1 glass of sugar and vinegar (6%) are combined in the stewpan. The mixture is brought to a boil and cooked over medium heat for another 5 minutes. After this, the sauté pan can be removed from the fire and, lastly, the juice of 1 lemon is added to the sauce.
While the marinade cools, the onion is cut into largeslices and folds into a glass pan or jar. If desired, chili or black pepper is added. The prepared onions are poured with a warm marinade, cool on the table, and then go to the fridge for 2 hours.
Recipe for pickled cucumber salad with onions
The onion for this salad is marinated in wine vinegar. But if necessary, you can move away from the recipe and use either apple or table vinegar.
Marinated cucumber salad with onion is prepared in such a sequence:
- A large onion is cut into half rings and poured with a solution of wine vinegar (60 ml) with sugar (1 tsp).
- Cucumbers (500 g) are cut into circles and folded into a deep bowl.
- Preparing sauce from sour cream (100 ml) and lemon juice (1 teaspoon).
- Salad of cucumbers dressed with sauce, top spreads marinated onions, salt and black pepper to taste.
Salad with carrots and pickled onions
Such a salad can be prepared from carrots,rubbed on a large grater or chopped circles. From the method of grinding the vegetable will depend on the further sequence of preparation. In the first case, raw carrots are used, and in the second vegetable, before cutting, it is necessary to boil in advance for two minutes and cool in cold water.
The cooking process begins with marinatingLuke. To do this, 2 onions are cut into half rings and mixed with apple cider vinegar (40 ml). At this time, carrots rubbed on a grater or cut into circles, crushed green celery, parsley and cilantro. Carrots, greens and onions are combined in a deep dish. Salad fromMarinated onion with carrots dressed with olive oil and sprinkled with lemon juice. To taste, salt and pepper are added.
Recipe for pickled onions for salad with squid
There are many options for cookingsuch salad: with mushrooms, greens, tomatoes and cucumbers, with onions and without it. In this recipe, only 3 ingredients are used: squid, boiled eggs and pickled onions. And so that it does not crunch on your teeth, you need to pick it in boiling water with spices for 1 hour.
Marinated salad onions are prepared in the firstqueue. First, pour a glass of water into the sauté pan and add ½ teaspoon of salt and sugar (3 tablespoons). After boiling, the plate is turned off, and vinegar (4 tablespoons) and slicedhalf rings of onions. The sauté pan is closed with a lid and left in this form for an hour. At this time, boil (within 2 minutes after boiling) and cut the squid, as well as boiled eggs. Onions are filtered and also added to the salad. All the ingredients are filled with mayonnaise. It turns out a very tasty and hearty salad.
General rules and recommendations
The following tips and recommendations will make it possible to prepare a tasty marinade for onions quickly and without unnecessary hassle:
- When preparing the marinade, you can use any kind of vinegar. From the table vinegar, the sharpest and sharpest marinade is obtained, most other species give a softer taste.
- The number of ingredients in the marinade you canadjust to your liking. For example, put less salt or sugar, change the amount of vinegar, add black or red pepper, garlic, greens and other ingredients.
- When you add pickled onions in salad to salivate the dish is recommended in the last turn. This will not overdo it with spices and achieve a balanced taste.