How to unlock a laptop?
Every day the number of Internet users affected by the banner virus is growing. At one point, the owner of the laptop discovers that it is locked, and you need to pay real money for its pseudo-unlock. There is one more reason for blocking a laptop; it is a keylock. In this article we will deal with all types of locks and figure out how to unlock the laptop hp and all other models.
The laptop keyboard locks up when you press the key combination Win and any button. To unlock, the shortcut options are different. It depends on the laptop model. So, how to unlock the keyboard on a laptop:
- You need to press Fn + Num Lock. A common mistake when working on shorter versions of keyboards is to turn on the numeric keypad using this combination. After this, the input of letters becomes, in this mode, unavailable.
- If, however, the keyboard is really locked, you need to use the standard keyboard shortcut. For example, Fn + F7, Win + Fx (instead of x here is any number from 1 to 12), Fn + F12, Fn + Pause.This combination must be found in the instructions.
- If for any reason it is missing, you can download the user manual on the manufacturer’s official website or contact technical support to find out the unlock code.
- If the touchpad is locked in the laptop, you need to press Fn + F7. The icon appearing on the monitor will mean that everything has been done correctly.
Laptop unlocking prorammno
The use of programs helps to generate an engineering password, similar to that stored in the BIOS. How to unlock a laptop using BIOS_PW.EXE and HDD_PW.EXE programs:
- You must unlock the BIOS password. To do this, remove the battery from the motherboard or by resetting the slave password with the master password.
- If these actions do not help, you need to pick up an engineering password. This is a combination of numbers and letters that matches the password checksum stored in the BIOS. For this you need programs: BIOS_PW.EXE and HDD_PW.EXE.
- You must log into the cmd console HDD_PW.EXE.
- Go to the software directory.
- Enter the desired name, the number "0" error code.
- Wait until the generated password is displayed.
- Enter the BIOS in the HDD security.
- Insert the generated password, and then leave the empty field instead of the password.
- For BIOS_PW.EXE actions are similar.
- Some laptops need specialized software products.
Remove viral banner
Several ways to unlock a laptop from a banner:
- It helps to remove the banner from the desktop, the free service Deblocker from Kaspersky. With it, you can unlock Windows without sending SMS. And also return the files that were encrypted by the virus. Dr. Web offers a similar service for removing viral banners from the desktop.
- Using another computer enter the unlock code. Or download it by booting from the LiveCD from Kaspersky Lab or the LiveCD from Dr. Web. Connect the drive to another computer or laptop and make it antivirus check. After that, check your computer for viruses.
For Windows XP:
- Launch the on-screen keyboard.
- Click Help, then About.
- Select Microsoft Web Site.
- Enter the path to the flash drive, which downloaded the AVZ, in the address field.
- Run the file, select System Restore, put all the checkboxes, click Run.
- The system should boot.
- Check for viruses.
Another way to:
- Boot from the ERD commander disk.
- Registry entry fix on Shell = Explorer.exe.Find and delete the file referenced by the branch.
- Replace userinit.exe, explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe files in the infected operating system.
- Reboot. Check for viruses.
Now you know how to unlock a laptop. If suddenly the PC will be blocked, thanks to the tips that are outlined in this article, you can easily solve this issue. We wish you good luck in this matter. If nothing really helps - contact your service center or where you purchased your laptop or PC.