How to strengthen the gums?
Strong and good teeth can not be without healthy gums, they also need careful care, as well as behind the teeth. Moreover, it is always easier to prevent a disease than to cure it. Therefore, the options how to strengthen the gums should know everything: from small to large.
Soreness and bleeding gums can appear for various reasons, for example, due to poor oral hygiene or hormonal changes in the body (pregnancy), as well as due to various diseases. If you notice that something is wrong with your gums, then begin to strengthen the teeth and gums. The methods will be described later in the article. But if there is no improvement, then you should consult a doctor in order not to miss the moment to cure the gums, because bleeding and gum inflammation may be a sign of a serious disease (for example, periodontal disease).
Strengthening gums folk remedies
- Massage gums. It can be done with your fingers or with a soft toothbrush. Movement should be soft and neat. Combine the procedure with brushing your teeth and turn it into a habit.
- Salt and soda, both together and separately, are an excellent antimicrobial agent, also very simple. Just stir the ingredients in water (a glass of water, half a tablespoon of salt or half a teaspoon of soda) and rinse your mouth. You need to do a rinse at least before bedtime.
- Oak bark is an excellent tool to strengthen the gums. Mix the bark and lime color in the proportion of 2/1, brew with boiling water, for 1 cup 1 tsp of the mixture. Allow the mixture to infuse and cool under normal conditions, then strain and rinse your mouth twice a day. Course - 1 week. You can repeat as many times as necessary.
- Broth of burdock. Preparation: for 1 cup of water, take 1 teaspoon of dried herbs. Fry the burdock in the already boiling water and continue to boil for 2-3 minutes, then leave to infuse until completely cooled. After straining, rinse your mouth at least 2 times a day.
- Gum applications. In addition to rinsing, you can apply the herbal content of the infusions described above, or other medical fees (such as chamomile, plantain, St. John's wort) on the gums. Pre-put them in a thin gauze and make of it strips for applications.The application should be applied to the gums for at least 20 minutes, it can be kept longer, it is advisable to replace the application every half hour.
Together with folk remedies also worth:
- Optimize your nutrition. It must be balanced and complete. Eat foods rich in calcium. A list of them can be found in our other article - “What foods contain calcium?”. Be sure to eat fruits and vegetables, including hard apples, pears, carrots, they will provide massage gums.
- Use vitamins (A, B, C, D) and minerals (calcium, phosphorus).
- Brush your teeth thoroughly (2 times a day).
- Use dental floss if necessary.
- Rinse your mouth after eating (if possible).
- Regularly (semi-annually) to be examined by a dentist.
Remember, if you start your gums, and with them your teeth (after all, brushing your teeth with sick gums is hard enough), then you will have to go through many unpleasant procedures at the doctor. And the simplest and less painful of them will be rubbing special means in the gums, few pleasant ones (for example, gel, ointments). Gel to strengthen the gums and released for home use, however, before use, carefully read the instructions.