How to set up a laptop?
Now a laptop, this is not a luxury, butmost likely, needed in everyday life thing. Their various modifications, technical characteristics, give us the opportunity to choose. To buy a laptop is another half of trouble, but how to set up a laptop, this question already requires the necessary knowledge and skills. Of course you can contact specialists, they will install all the necessary programs and other "gadgets" to the laptop, but why spend it if you can do everything yourself.
Before you set up your laptop, you should know(when you buy you will be asked to install an operating system or a laptop already with an operating system installed), which "Windows" is installed and installed at all. If you purchased a laptop without an operating system, then when you turn it on, either there will be a black screen or Linux (also an operating system), which is useful only for the first time (not understandable for the average user). To start the configuration of the laptop, you need a disk with the operating system, then do the following:
- Start installing from the disk. To run a BIOS disk (choose your disk drive in the boot menu).
- Next you need to partition you hard disk into partitions. Break it down as you like. After that, select the partition on which the operating system will be installed.
- After the successful completion of the installation, in principleyour laptop is already configured, except for minor nuances: install the driver on the sound, on the video card, on the motherboard (basically these drivers are already supported by modern operating systems). We also provide links to more detailed material: "How to adjust the sound on the laptop?" And "How to turn on the webcam on the laptop?".
After the main settings of the laptop, which are describedjust above, you will need to go online. Virtually all laptops have Wi-Fi. Setting it is very simple, you need to enable it (there is always a button on the keyboard or in network connections) and find the access point given to you from the provider.
Often people use a laptop as a transmitterInternet, while through Wi-Fi. So, what do you need to do to set up your laptop like a router? To do this, you need to make an AD-HOC connection (thanks to it, two laptops will use the Internet equally via Wi-Fi, while the access point is only on one of them).
- Open your network connections, find Wi-Fi (enable it).
- Next, go to your Wi-Fi connection settings. In the tab of the TCP / IP protocols, through the properties configure your addresses (192.168.0.1 - the laptop on which there is the Internet, 192.168.0.2 - the second laptop). See all other parameters in your provider's contract (we are talking about DNS-server).
- Just in case, set the subnet mask to the parameter: 255.255.255.0 on two laptops.
- After that, restart your computers, then add a second laptop to your mini-network and use the Internet.