How to get into BIOS (BIOS)?
Using the BIOS menu, you can greatly affect the operation of the operating system. You can reinstall or remove the old OS, split the hard disk into several volumes, set the boot parameters (in the case of installing the OS from a USB flash drive).
Let's talk about how to get into BIOS (BIOS). Immediately I would like to note that the process of entering the BIOS menu is the same as on a stationary computer and on a laptop.
- Restart your computer using the Start menu. After that, carefully wait for the first information to appear on the display.
- As soon as the inscriptions in English appear, press the F2 or F12 key (depending on the system configuration). It is better to press these keys several times to be sure. The inscription is in English and tells us which key to use: "Press F2 / F12 to setup".
- If successful, you will find yourself in the BIOS menu. Here you will notice that the main control controller is the keyboard, not the mouse.
- The BIOS is divided into several tabs in which you can execute certain commands and customize the operation of some parameters of the operating system.
- To navigate in the menu, use the arrow keys (as in games), the Enter key to select options, Esc or Backspace to go back one step.
- You can close BIOS by pressing the F10 and Y keys.