How to flash Chinese Android?
Watch the video
Many buyers choose Chinese devices,having a more affordable price. Consider how to flash Chinese Android to update its software. To do this, you need a special firmware cable, based on the pl2303 controller.
First, connect the cable to the PC and install the drivers. The pl2303 cable is a kind of interface converter capable of converting a USB port into a virtual COM.
So, for the firmware you need:
- Download software SP FlashTool. After launching it, click on Android in the list that appears.
- Go to the box below toselect the following files: MTK_AllinOnу_DA.bin, as well as MT6516_Andrоid_Scаtter.txt. In the latter, in addition to the full address of the file system, there is a description of the firmware.
- Select the COM port number and determine its speed. The user can safely choose the maximum.
- Before flashing, you should perform formatting, cleaning the internal memory from old files. This can be done after pressing the Format button.
- In a new window, you need to shave the memory address. All models developed on the MT6516 platform have a memory address of 0 × 200,000,000 and 0 × 100,000,000.
- After selecting the desired option, clickOK button and connect the firmware cable to the machine. To format the device, the battery is jammed and the power button is pressed for a few seconds.
- Successful formatting must be completedre-jamming the battery, and turning on the device. After clicking the Download button, the flashing process will begin. At the same time, you can see a red band on the screen, which will change to violet. Its filling will indicate the need to disconnect the firmware cord and connect the USB cable. The PC detects a new device, and a yellow bar appears on the screen of the Android device. The longest part of the flashing process starts.
- After its end, the user will see an alert indicating the successful installation of the updated software.
Now you know all about the necessary programs and devices for self-firmware of any Chinese Android.
You will also be interested in our other articles:
- How to flash an Android.
- How to know the Android version (Android) | How to find out the firmware version.