How to do the splits?
Watch the video
Twine is a favorite trick. Both adherents of physical education and professional athletes pay attention to the general stretching of the body, because the ability to sit on the splits depends on it. Twine can be transverse and longitudinal. The first is the maximum dilution of the legs horizontally, the second is the dilution of the legs vertically. In addition, the twine can also be suspended and vertical.
When the splits work several large muscles at once (rectus muscle of the thigh, iliopsoas muscle, ilio-femoral ligament). According to the statement of experienced trainers, it’s really possible to sit on the splits for 10 serious lessons focused on those groups of muscles that work with splits (this can take about 2 months in time).
What is important for twine?
In order to sit on the splits, of course, you need to regularly engage in physical activity and do not forget about respecting the culture of sports (for example, warm up in the morning and a balanced diet). The easiest way to learn how to do the longitudinal splits. To do this, you first need to warm up the muscles.You can do this in several ways: run a certain distance with a jog (depending on your overall endurance) or use your rope to warm up your muscles with several hundred jumps.
After the muscles are warmed up, you can begin a set of exercises, after which you will be able to do the splits easier. For example:
- “Runner's posture” (lunge with one foot forward, palms on the floor, look forward).
- The next exercise: lunge, bend your back, stretch your body, lift your arms up (it is necessary to “pull” the muscles and keep them in tension).
- The final exercise: bend one leg and throw as much as possible forward (up to shoulder level), the second stretch back. Exercises should be symmetrical, that is, performed alternately on each leg.
- Also, for stretching, you can scatter matches from the box on the floor, and then assemble them from a standing position without bending your knees.
So, exercising, you can gradually sit on the splits.
Twine is a pretty dangerous exercise. It is not uncommon for an athlete performing splits to get strong stretches.To learn how to do the splits correctly, you need to remember a few basic rules:
- Can not be keen to immediately sit on the splits completely. It is not only barelyIs achievable in the first classes, but also dangerous for the muscles.
- Never forget the warm-up before stretching. Always do a half-hour warm-up in front of the string itself.
- Twine - a difficult exercise. Twine is one of the very difficult to perform exercises. In the best case, you can make a longitudinal splits in two months. On the average, it takes half a year to learn how to make splits.
Stretching for twine
For many novice athletes stretching is quite a difficult exercise, despite the fact that it should be carried out qualitatively, without hack. There is oneA good method used by experienced athletes. You need to take a hot bath for ten minutes - this will prepare the muscles for work.
Stretching itself should be done with the help of books. Take some books, spread your legs and sit on the books. Begin gradually removing one book after another. Feelings should be moderately uncomfortable, but you should not feel severe pain.
Learn more about how to do the splits at home, you can learn from the article How to do the splits at home.
To do the splits correctly, you need to know about the features of your body. Not all people twine is easy. Usually women are more flexible than men. Therefore, in performing the splits, the most important thing is not to rush and try not to overstrain the muscles beyond measure.