How to cook pea soup with smoked ribs
Having a whole glass of peas and some smoked ribs, you can serve the soup until you get bored. But it will not be possible to cook quickly, as it will have to be soaked for several hours in order to quickly and easily boil down. The beauty of this legume is that the taste goes well with smoked meats.
Soak peas in the evening. Cook until soft in the recommended amount of broth or water (during this time fry the vegetables and cut the smoked ribs). Separate the boiled meat from the bones, chop and add to the liquid along with the vegetables. If you are cooking cream soup, put the meat after chopping the beans.
Preparation for cooking
If boiling solely with water, pour 400 ml of liquid for each serving. This is due to the fact that part of the boil. If the soup is prepared with the addition of broth, to boil the peas, pour a small amount of water, and after 40 minutes, add broth and add the roasted vegetables.
Soak the peas in cool water for 6-8 hours. In this form, it is cooked quickly and efficiently. Put peeled and sliced potatoes 20-25 minutes after the peas.
Vegetables pre-chop or grate. Fry on low heat until golden brown, as usual. A piece of butter added to the pan will make the soup more tender.
Put vegetables in broth when peas and potatoes are cooked. Cut smoked ribs into small pieces, fry quickly and immediately send to the liquid. You can still throw fresh herbs and crackers or dispense with them.
How much to cook
After soaking the peas, rinse, cover with fresh water, put on a small fire, so it will turn out soft and tasty. 40 minutes is enough for full readiness. If you cook a dry vegetable, it will take 1.5 or 2 hours.
Add vegetables when the main component becomes soft, but not yet boiled soft, after about 25 minutes. Smoked meats put 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking. They will fill the dish with aroma, but they will not be digested.
To determine the energy value of rich pea soup with smoked ribs, use the calorie table.
Characteristics of food:The name of the ingredientWeight, gProteins, gFat, gCarbohydrates, gCalorie, kcal
|Smoked ribs (pork)||200||29,9||66,3||0||385|
|Per 100 grams||100||2,5||1,8||6,4||50,1|
For lunch, cook pea soup with smoked meats that have a spicy taste, which is prepared in different countries and is considered a classic. The dish is special.
- 180-200 g of whole peas;
- 1 kg of beef meat;
- 0.3 kg pork ribs (hot smoked);
- 4 liters of water;
- 3 potato tubers;
- 40-45 g butter;
- 2 onions;
- 40 g tomato paste or 2 fresh tomatoes;
- 1-2 carrots;
- black pepper peas.
- Peas pour water, leave overnight.
- Rinse a piece of beef well, chop it coarsely and fill with water. Put the pan with the meat on the maximum fire, throw 2-3 pinches of salt, peppercorns. After boiling remove the foam, continue cooking on low heat.
- Remove the meat after an hour, if necessary, strain the broth into another pan. Put the peas in 25 minutes potatoes.
- In oil, brown onions. To him put pasta or grated (without peel) tomatoes. Fry it all together for 5 minutes, then add the grated carrot, continue for another 5 minutes.
- If the potatoes and beans are cooked, put the vegetable roast in the broth. Cut the ribs into small pieces, fry in a griddle of vegetables and send them to the pan.
- After boiling, turn off the stove. If necessary, add salt and black pepper.
- Leave for 15 minutes so that the soup is present.
Before serving, in each serving put a little chopped fresh herbs.
Soup with smoked ribs, bacon and sausages
In the evening, soak peas, you can put to boil in the same water. When it becomes soft, put salt, potatoes, carrots, onions and smoked meats.
- 0.5 kg smoked pork ribs;
- 0.2 kg cooked smoked bacon;
- 0.2 kg sausages;
- 200 g of split peas;
- 600 g potatoes;
- 150 g onions;
- 150 g fresh carrots;
- 2-3 pieces of bay leaf;
- to taste black pepper, vegetable oil, salt.
- Place ribs in a saucepan with water and put on low heat, cook for 15-20 minutes. After remove, cool and cut the flesh from the bones.
- Rinse the split peas, send in the broth. Another half an hour to cook. At this time, chop the potatoes and put in the soup.
- Dice carrots, onions, sausages and bacon.
- In oil, brown onions and carrots. Sausages and bacon fry in another skillet. Vegetables and smoked products enter in broth.
- The dish is ready when the beans will be quite soft. At the end throw the bay leaf and boil for a few more minutes on low heat.
Pea soup with croutons
Serve the soup puree hot, seasoned with fresh green dill. Cubes of roasted white bread will help to emphasize the taste.
- 200 g (1 cup) of peas;
- 0.6 l meat broth;
- for roasting butter;
- 150 g onions;
- 0.3 kg smoked ribs;
- fresh dill
- Soak peas for 6-7 hours. Then pour in meat broth and cook until ready.
- Fry chopped onion in butter until creamy.
- When it becomes completely soft, combine with onion dressing and carefully grind with a blender until a homogeneous mass. Add smoked meats to cooked mashed potatoes and boil over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Season the ready soup with chopped fresh dill.
- White bread without crusts cut into small cubes and fry, then fold on a paper towel. Add crackers to each plate before serving.If there is no time to brown the white bread squares, you can serve ready-made crackers.
How to cook pea soup in a slow cooker
In terms of the ratio of taste and ease of execution, this soup cooked in a slow cooker can become a champion. It is necessary to act quickly: send vegetables and ribs into a bowl, fry, pour boiling water, add peas.
- 200 g dry whole peas;
- 0.3 kg hot smoked pork ribs;
- 120 g carrots;
- 80-90 grams of onions;
- 60 g butter;
- freshly ground black pepper + coarse salt to taste.
- Pour peas into a bowl, pour boiled water, leave for 7-8 hours.
- Peel the vegetables and chop finely, onion - with a knife, and grate carrots.
- Fry the vegetables in butter in the bowl of the multicooker, add the pieces of smoked meat, then all together still 2-3 minutes.
- Pour 2 liters of water to the vegetables, add peas and cook, setting the program "Soup".
- Turn off the slow cooker, let it stand, do not open the lid.
- Spreading pea soup, put in each plate of smoked meat, a handful of toasted crackers, sprinkle with crushed dill on top.
Culinary techniques for cooking rich, thick and tasty soup with peas.
- You can cook on ordinary water, but only when frying vegetables, you must put a piece of butter.
- To give thickness, you need to pour a little soda, then the peas will boil down in a puree. Also, this effect will provide finely chopped potatoes.
- If you are cooking in meat broth, add it when the peas are almost ready.
- When the soup is cooked, turn off the stove, cover the pan with a tight lid. Let infuse 15 minutes. This time is enough to thicken the liquid, and the taste of smoked revealed.
- Spread the first dish on plates, sprinkle with croutons, decorate with fresh greens, and serve for dinner.
- You can flavor the croutons with garlic or grind the teeth in a mortar with fresh herbs, and add them directly to the soup.
Always soak the beans for several hours. Pour meat on bone with cold water in a saucepan, salt and boil for 60 minutes. Then put the peas and cook another 40 minutes. Next comes the potatoes, and wait for the vegetables to cook. Remove the meat, cut off the stone, chop and return to the broth. Then turn the vegetable roast. Tomit 10 minutes on low heat, put smoked meats (hunting sausages, ribs, bacon) and after a couple of minutes turn off the stove.Everything, hearty and tasty lunch at home is provided.