How to connect a Megaphone modem?
Watch the video
Mobile Internet today is a very common phenomenon, especially in large cities. After the advent of the 3G communication standard, the age of mobile Internet began and various devices began to appear to connect to it. The most common device has become a usb-modem of the mobile Internet, which can be connected to a laptop or computer and use the Internet without wires anywhere in the city, where the coverage area is spread.
However, not everyone who bought a usb modem knows how to connect, for example, a Megaphone modem.
How to connect a modem from Megaphone
Today, you can buy several types of modems in Megafon chain stores:
- 3G modem;
- 4G modem;
- Router 4G.
They differ in data rate and destination. If the usual usb-modem needs to be connected to the computer, then the router is not necessary to connect, because it creates a wireless network.
To connect 3G and 4G modems to a laptop or computer, you must:
- Insert a SIM card specially purchased for the Internet into the modem before connecting the usb modem.
- You can connect the device when the laptop or computer is fully loaded.That is, when the desktop appears. If you connect a usb-modem earlier, then a laptop or computer may not be able to see it in the system.
- After connecting the modem, the computer will automatically install the drivers so that the modem is displayed in the system correctly. It is necessary to wait for the installation to the end.
- After installing the drivers, opening "My Computer", you will see the modem icon. Clicking on it, you run an automatic software installation. You need to select the installation language and installation location. It is advisable not to change the installation location in order to prevent program errors. Click "Agree" in the license agreement window. After that, the installation itself will start, which will perform the necessary actions. In some cases, there may be additional options during installation. You just need to choose the right ones. A program shortcut will appear on the desktop after the process is completed. Also during installation, you can select the items “place in the Start menu” and “place in the quick launch panel”.
- Run the program from the shortcut if it does not start automatically after installation.
The necessary software to start the Internet is installed and you can start the configuration.
How to configure the modem from the Megaphone
After installing the software on your computer, you need to configure it so that you can go online without any problems. For this:
- We start the modem program via a shortcut on the desktop, in the Start menu or in the quick launch panel.
- Click the "Connect" button to connect to the Internet. In this case, the usb-modem must be connected and lit green. If the modem is lit in red, then you need to find a point in the room where the signal to connect will be stable. Also in the connection settings you should specify the items “Only 3G”, “Only 4G” or “Automatic”. By specifying any of these items, you will program the modem to connect only to the network with the maximum data transfer rate. The item “Automatic” should be indicated if there is no 3G, 4G network in the region or the connection is very unstable.
- To check the connection go to any site. For example, you can go to a social network. If the page loads quickly, the connection is good. It is worth testing the premises at the point where the connection will be the best. It is necessary to take into account the distance from the communication tower, the material of the walls of the room and the network load.At night, the network is much less loaded, and the data transfer rate is much higher.
In addition, you can also disconnect from the Megaphone network at any time by clicking the "Disconnect" button, this action will break the connection. If you do not know which function is responsible for what, then you should not change the usb modem settings yourself. Otherwise, you can knock down all the settings and the modem will stop connecting to the network.