How do I remove the water heater?
Watch the video
In apartments very often you can find differentheating elements, which ensure the uninterrupted supply of hot water during the shutdown of hot water. If the water heater has failed or needs to be moved to a new location, it is necessary to know how to remove it. With the correct and consistent performance of works to do this will not be difficult even for beginners plumber.
Disassembling the water heater
Before you start working, you need to prepare the necessary material:
- capacity for drained water;
- key of the right size.
Course of work
- The very first thing that needs to be done is to stop the power supply to the device, that is, to disconnect it from the network.
- If the water in the hot water heater is hot, leave it for a while to cool. Otherwise, you may get burns.
- We overlap the water supply and open the tap coldwater, so that it all flows into a prepared container (this can be a sink or a bathroom). Then open the hot water tap and let out the air that is in the tank.
- We disconnect with the help of a key a metal-plastic pipe from a water heater.
- Remove the device from the bracket, slightly lifting the water heater up.
After the water heater is removed, it can be changed to a new one. In this you will be helped by the article How to Install a Water Heater.
It should be remembered that it is strictly forbidden to include an empty water heater, at the very beginning it is necessary to fill it with water.