Hand hurts: what to do?
What do you think, if the hand hurts - what to do first? Of course, to determine the localization of pain, that is, in which place of the hand there is pain. In the article we will not talk about the causes of pain in the hands, because you can read about this in our articles: “Why do your hands hurt?” And “Why do your joints hurt?”. And we will talk about how to relieve pain, about the measures that need to be taken primarily in case of pain in specific places.
Hand joints hurt - what to do
For severe pain in the joints of the hands, you need to consult a rheumatologist as soon as possible. Therefore, when your hands hurt badly - what to do first? Seek medical attention immediately. People of middle and old age, as a rule, are recommended various physical loads on the hands (of course, feasible). The saying “movement is life” was not in vain, and very often the pain in the hands can be significantly reduced by simply doing special gymnastics. Specific exercises can only be prompted by a rheumatologist, since severe pain in the joints of the hands can mean different types of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, of which there are more than a hundred.
Nevertheless, there are several universal ways to significantly reduce pain in the joints of the hands.
- First, in zoo drugstores (yes, don't be surprised) a special gel for horses is sold. As shown, it has the most beneficial effects on the person. 2-3 times a day, smear with this gel those areas of the hands where severe pain is observed.
- Secondly, pharmacies sell various herbal teas that reduce pain in the joints, which are also desirable to drink regularly. If you are not allergic to the components of the tea and the above-mentioned "horse" gel, be sure to use these tools.
- In addition, it is useful to take products that contain fish oil, because it also has a good effect on reducing pain. Nevertheless, we strongly advise you to consult a qualified rheumatologist, because the above-mentioned natural remedies, though alleviating the pain, do not eliminate its cause, and it will appear again.
Sore hand - what to do
- Recreation. With pain in the hand, the first thing to do is to ensure maximum rest for the hand. If the pain is not too severe and is caused by workloads,try to take breaks in work, rest every half hour of work, and then for 2-3 minutes, knead the brushes, do exercises for flexion-extension of the fingers and rotational movements with the hands in one and the other direction.
- Massage brushes. Hand massage, swimming and physiotherapy will be very useful. If you often work at a computer for a long time, buy a special mouse pad with a rubber roller so that the load on the arm is minimal.
- Broths of nettle and rosemary, which can be used as appliqués, as well as special gels, help to relieve pain in the wrist joints. With strong physical exertion, it is recommended to bandage the brushes with elastic bandages, which will significantly reduce the load.
- If the pain will return for no apparent reason or increase, pass an examination by a specialist. If the pain is caused by any injury, it is better to consult a trauma doctor who will make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
By the way, the pain that periodically occurs in the hands without any noticeable reason may indicate the presence of a much more serious disease, therefore, a visit to the doctor in this case is necessary.
Fingers hurt - what to do
For pain in the fingers, you need a comprehensive treatment. This means that, in most cases, it is necessary both medical treatment and massage, and gymnastics for the fingers. If, when working on your fingers, there is a significant load, do not forget to regularly knead them. However, please note that in no case can you do gymnastics through force. If during exercise the pain increases, you should immediately stop them and consult a doctor. A positive effect has a massage of the fingers, which can be done independently.
As for medication, in each case the medicine is prescribed individually, but in most cases for the treatment of pain in the joints of the fingers use products containing so-called chondroprotectors - natural substances that are vital for the normal functioning of connective tissues. We will not advertise specific drugs, but rather give a link to the site, where the doctor describes several modern means at once without any advertising: - scroll down a little and see the names of the drugs with a description.