Diet after appendicitis
Any operation is interference invital activity of the organism, stress for him and especially for the organ on which the surgical intervention was performed. It is logical that the life of a person changes after the operation. This applies to his physical activity, and his nutrition. Let's talk today about what a diet is after the operation of appendicitis, how to behave, what to eat, and what to exclude.
Inflammation of the appendix
This inflammation of the appendix of the cecum as a result of the formation of pyogenic microbes in it, as well as the presence of undigested food that closes the lumen of this process.
Let's try to build a simple chainreasoning, logically leading to our topic. Inflammation occurs in the intestine, the operation is the removal of the appendix. Can you imagine what kind of stress it is for the body to remove it? Intestine is one of the most important organs of digestion. Now (after the operation), the intestine is weakened and it is beyond his power to process ordinary, familiar food. Otherwise, you will only aggravate the situation.
Conclusion: diet after removal of appendicitis is simply necessary. In the early days - more severe, not only to reduce the load, but also to help restore the body, give it strength. Later - the maintenance of the body and its preparation for the transition to the usual way of eating.
Diet after appendicitis: rules
- Food should be frequent, but in small portions. This will allow the intestines to work without overexertion, digesting small portions; and you will not have time to get hungry.
- Thoroughly and for a long time chew food, even liquidfood should be held ("chase") in the mouth. So food is enveloped by saliva, a partial cleavage occurs in the mouth under the action of saliva enzymes, this greatly simplifies the work of the stomach and intestines.
- The basis of food should be drinks (about thisbelow) and liquid, steamed, mashed food. A weakened organism can not process rough, solid food. He needs energy to restore, not to process heavy meals.
- Make a diet in advance, it is better to arrange it on paper. So it will be easier for you to observe proper nutrition.
- The first 2-3 days - strict adherence to the rules of nutrition. Liquid and jelly-like food, no solid food, even in the form of mashed potatoes.
- Food should not be very hot or very cold.
- Switch to a normal diet, to use the usual products should be gradually! It is also advisable to consult your doctor about when to start the transition.
What can I do after appendicitis
In the early days you can include in the diet:
- sweet tea;
- fruit and berries jelly;
- sweet broth of rose hips;
- rice broth;
- oat jelly;
- weak broth from low-fat meat (white).
After a few days (you can consult a doctor), you can add the following types of food.
- In addition to broths, you can light soups. Vegetable broth with the addition of carrots, zucchini, beets, onions, you can get a little potatoes. It will be good to wipe the vegetables, you will have a wonderful soup-puree. You can add greens. (On the prohibitions of cooking in the chapter "What is impossible after appendicitis").
- On the second - vegetables and vegetable omelettes, mushrooms and pasta casseroles.
- Porridge, well steamed. Rice, buckwheat, oatmeal, you can eat them with vegetables.
- Meat and fish. Meat is only lean (the best is rabbit). Fish is useful sea. Add the vegetables to the dishes.
- Sour-milk products with reduced contentfat. Yoghurts with bifidobacteria, kefir. Remember that they should not be cold. Remove from the refrigerator in advance of that they have reached room temperature (do not forget about them).
- Berries and fruits: peaches, oranges, tangerines, raspberries, strawberries.
- Sweets: honey, prunes, marshmallows, dates, dried apricots, figs.
What is not possible after appendicitis
- In the first three days milk and solid food are prohibited even in the form of mashed potatoes.
- You can not have soups from fish, rassolnik, okroshka, pea soup.
- Do not use salt, pepper and other spices while cooking.
- It is forbidden ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and all such fat sauces and gravy.
- Do not get carried away with potatoes, there is a lot of starch in it, which is hard for digestion; as well as cabbage (gives fermentation in the intestine).
- Excludes fatty meat, fat, ham, smoked products, sausages, sausages, etc.
- Pears, nectarines, grapes are excluded because of the high sugar content.
- From sweets: sugar, cakes, pies, cakes and all of them.
- In general, it is impossible to fried, fatty, smoked, spicy, pickled, various twists and preparations (with the content of vinegar - especially); canned goods.
- Carbonated drinks, strong coffee, alcohol (!).
This is the general diet after appendicitis. It is possible to make adjustments due to the individual characteristics of each.