Computer and pregnancy: is there any harmful effect and how to avoid it?
Today, most future mothers will not be able toto imagine their life without a personal computer. They use it at work and at home. Therefore, a woman in the position and the one that only plans to have a baby, is interested in whether the computer is harmful during pregnancy and, if so, how much.
It turns out that a consensus on this issueno. The results of studies that would indicate that the computer and pregnancy are categorically incompatible have not yet been received. Nevertheless, there are no those who would say that there is no harm.
This is primarily due to the fact that computersappeared relatively recently, they are constantly being improved. In addition, no one conducts experiments on pregnant women, they are put on animals. And it is also quite difficult to exclude other factors that are important for the fetus. Therefore, the influence of the computer on pregnancy can be reliably estimated only by examining several generations of users, and this can only be done by our grandchildren.
However, doctors recommend that after all,work for him, if there is such an opportunity. If it does not, then at least limit the time spent at the computer to three hours a day. It has already been established that future mummies who are sitting behind him have a higher risk of abortion than those who ignore it.
Let's arrange the factors that have a negative impact on pregnancy in decreasing their harmfulness:
- poisoning and use of funds that cause malformations (chemical reagents, drugs with teratogenic effect);
- high doses of radiation;
- alcohol and its surrogates, passive and active smoking;
- infectious diseases during pregnancy;
- metabolic disorders in women;
- malnutrition (deficiency of nutrients, as well as their incorrect combination);
- wrong schedule of the day (absence of walks and fresh air, being in one position);
- X-ray and ultrasound;
- TV, photocopiers, monitor, electrical appliances and other sources of electromagnetic fields.
The last line is the beginning of the listhypothetically harmful things, which include cosmetics and genetically modified foods. That is, their negative impact has not yet been scientifically proven, but only assumptions.
However, combining the computer and pregnancy is not desirable not only because of electromagnetic radiation, but also because of other factors:
- sitting for a long time leads to stagnation of blood in the small pelvis and poor supply of fetal oxygen, as well as to the development of hemorrhoids;
- fatigue from a lot of information;
- work in an unventilated room;
- harmful influence on the eyes, which already suffer during pregnancy;
- additional load on the spine in an uncomfortable position and, accordingly, the risk of osteochondrosis.
By the way, work at the computer refers to harmful production. Therefore, according to the legislation, the employer must protect the pregnant woman from her.
If you are not going to abandon this achievement of civilization, the implementation of several rules will help to combine the computer and pregnancy with minimal consequences.
- Use a high-quality liquid crystal monitor. It is necessary to arrange it so that the light source is not behind it, but on the left.
- Every hour, take a break for 15 minutes. During it, you should walk around, do exercises, including for the eyes better in the fresh air.
- Buy a comfortable chair and sit in the right posture.
Thus, the computer and pregnancy are not bettercombine. However, in the modern world, it is almost impossible to accomplish this, so it is necessary to adhere to recommendations that will minimize the harmful impact. In fact, during pregnancy, all systems in the female body work with redoubled force and experience heavy loads, so do not subject them to additional tests.